Shopping for a bed can be a daunting experience, especially when there are so many sizes available.
In this article, we'll cover typical bedroom sizes and bed size measurements.
We also have tips on knowing what size works best for your room and how to maximise your bedroom space.
The Average Bedroom Size in NZ
There is a wide range of bedroom sizes across New Zealand, from cosy single rooms to spacious family suites.
However, the average bedroom size is small, measuring just under 9 square metres.
Knowing the dimensions of a bedroom is the most important factor when choosing a bed size.
You'll need to make sure that there's enough space in your room and enough clearance around it so you can move freely.
Standard Bed Size Measurements
When it comes to beds, size definitely matters!
But how do you know what size bed is right for your bedroom?
Here are the standard bed size measurements available in New Zealand:
- Single: 920mm x 1880mm
- King Single: 1070mm x 2030mm
- Double: 1370mm x 1880mm
- Queen: 1520mm x 2030mm
- King: 1830mm x 2030mm
Many different types of mattresses are available on the market, so it's essential to do some research to find one that's right for you.
Tips for Finding a Bed Size that Fits your Bedroom
Here are three things to consider when choosing the perfect bed size for your bedroom.
1. Room Size
You need to know how much room you have to work with before you can start shopping for beds. Use a tape measure to get accurate measurements of the dimensions of a bedroom.
2. Who's Using the Bed
If you're buying a bed for yourself, you can choose any size that suits your needs and comfort level. But if you're buying a bed for two people, you'll need to ensure enough space to sleep comfortably.
Beds come in all different price ranges. It's crucial to know how much you can spend before shopping.
Ultimately, you should choose a bed size that you're comfortable with.
How to Maximise Bedroom Space
There are a few things to maximise space in your bedroom, no matter what size bed you have.
- Install shelves high up on the walls or hang curtains from the ceiling to create the illusion of more space.
- Beds with storage underneath are great for small bedrooms because it frees up space that dressers or chests of drawers would otherwise take up.
- A smaller bed frame, armoire, or desk will take up less space and make your bedroom feel more spacious overall.
- Dark colours tend to make rooms feel smaller, so painting your walls in light hues will give the illusion of a larger space.
- Keep the space well-lit with natural light during the day and soft, warm lighting at night.
By following these simple tips, you can maximise the space in your bedroom and create a haven that feels both comfortable and stylish.
Find Your Perfect Bed at Beds4U
With the proper knowledge, you can find the perfect bed to suit your needs and room size.
Now that you know what to consider when choosing a bed and how to measure your bedroom, it's time to start shopping!
Check out our wide selection of beds here at Beds4U.
We have something for everyone!